my blah blah blog~~!!!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Where have the passion gone to?


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's been so long since I draw anything..... I'm starting to feel that I'm losing my touch. It's not that I'm losing interest in it or anything. In fact I'm planning to animate once I get a computer and maybe learn a bit of flash. But whenever I grab paper and pencil, my mind rebels and I can't think of anything to draw.. and even if I did have something to draw, it usually stopped halfway because of my limitation of drawing skills. I can't copy the exact image in my mind...

And hanging around with a bunch of friends that all of them can draw, and I mean really really well. (well, they are a bunch of animators and illustrators). Is really discouraging me to draw. I can't help but to compare mine and theirs, and doing that always resulting me feeling bad and blaming myself for not improving my drawing skills.

Will I ever find the passion to draw again? I certainly hope so...

2 Comments:

  • As with any skill, drawing, guitar playing etc etc all comes down to practice.

    Why do you stop half way? Just keep going and make the mistakes, and then correct them as you go. It makes you better ... because stopping will only re-inforce the mistakes rather than have your mind get to a stage where you can get better.

    Take ten minutes every day to do a quick drawing.
    Doesn't matter what it is, a banana, an Orangutan, your shoe .... jsut DRAW ANYTHING.

    Make a list of things too

    DRAW, DRAW, DRAW ...

    Stop comparing yourself to the illustrators etc. As professinals, they've had LOTS of practice and stuff, and if you keep hitting a wall thinking you won't be as good as them, then you won't. DON'T SET YOURSELF THAT LIMITATION.

    If you want something, you know it has to be earned. No one handed Swartzenegger his body, nor did anyone give Leonardo the ability to draw/paint etc. It came about with hard work and perserverence and a willingness to accept that mistakes will be made while learning / practicing.

    So go buy yourself about 500 pages of cheap paper to practice on and DRAW, DRAW, DRAW (znd you can always burn the evidence later if it's REALLY bad!)

    AND, I like that cartoon character you drew - worried he can't pee as he has no zipper ... but that's his problem not ours ... it could be a funny cartoon seeing him run to the mens room only to find he has no Zip! OH NO! Cat's pee ... I hate that smellll! :-)

    By Blogger Dabido, at 4:02 PM  

  • yeah, I'll keep on practising!!

    I didn't realise about the zipper thingie until you mentioned it hahaha.. opppss.. I guess he have to pull his pants down if he want to pee... yeah, I hate cat pee too.. cats apparantly like to mark me as his territory... >__<

    By Blogger hteekay, at 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home